The Regulations of Tianjin Municipality on the Administration of the Serve-the-People Hotline was adopted by the Municipal People’s Government at its 53rd Executive Meeting on May 18, 2015 and is hereby promulgated. These Regulations shall go into effect as of July 1, 2015.
Mayor Huang Xingguo
Tianjin Municipal People’s Government
May 28, 2015
Regulations of Tianjin Municipality on the Administration of the Serve-the-People Hotline
Chapter I General Provisions
Article 1 These Regulations are enacted in accordance with pertinent laws and regulations and in the light of the actual condition of this Municipality with the purpose of promoting renovation in government service and transformation of the government function, reinforcing and optimizing communal service, and providing facilitation services for the people.
Article 2 For the purpose of these Regulations, the serve-the-people hotline means a facilitation service system, supported by the 88908890 facilitation service platform through integration of the resources of communal service information, service hotlines, complaint telephone numbers, and so on provided by administrative offices, enterprises and public institutions.
Article 3 The serve-the-people hotline is run on the principle of accepting matters awaiting solution in a unified way, handling it by matching departments, joining efforts between departments, deadline for the handling of a case and examination and evaluation of the results.
Article 4 The Municipal People’s Government shall set up a Tianjin serve-the-people hotline center (hereinafter referred to briefly as the hotline center),which shall be, in turn, be administered by the Municipal examination and approval administrative office (hereinafter referred to briefly as the examination and approval office).
Article 5 The hotline center shall be in charge of the day-to-day routine of the serve-the-people hotline and fulfill the following duties and responsibilities:
(1) Answering public inquiries and providing related communal information;
(2) Handling requests for assistance in daily life and the distribution, transfer, and supervision of the matters accepted;
(3) Administration of the day-to-day operation of the 88908890 serve-the-people hotline and organizing the evaluation of the work on the part of the undertaking units;
(4) Colleting and sorting out public opinions and social trends as reflected in the requests for help from the masses of the people; and
(5) Training the hotline employees and collecting and renewing the service information.
Article 6 The district and county people’s governments, related departments of the Municipal People’s Government, public enterprises and institutional units are the undertakers of the concrete work of the serve-the-people hotline, which shall handle the matters handed over by the serve-the-people hotline within the range of their duties and responsibilities as prescribed by the laws, regulations and the department.
Chapter II Handling of Matters
Article 7 The serve-the-people hotline accepts and handles the following matters:
1. Responding to inquiries on policies, regulations and offering information of communal service;
2. Unanticipated issues that have an impact on the daily life of the masses and non-urgent request for help;
3. Relaying from the masses hot and difficult problems in society and daily life and airing opinions and suggestions for solving the problems;
4. Complaints and tip-offs concerning the work efficiency and style of administrative department employees; and
5. Opinions and suggestions regarding reform and opening up drive, economic construction, city construction and administration of this Municipality.
Article 8 The following matters may not be accepted for handling that fall out of the category of serve-the-people matters as determined by the government:
(1) Matters that endanger personal and property safety and call for immediate attention that shall be solved through emergency channels by calling 110, 119 and 120;
(2) Civil disputes that fall out of the administrative powers and duties;
(3) Matters that have entered legal procedures such as lawsuit, arbitration, administrative review and recheck and re-verification of complaints by letters; and
(4) Matters that fall under the jurisdiction of army and armed police;
Article 9 The hotline center shall install a serve-the-people platform by which to accept people’s complaints and appeals by means of telephone, voice mail, website app and mobile app and other channels.
The hotline center shall, in dealing with complaints and tip-offs of illegalities to be handled by an administrative department, register the matter first and transfer it in time to the department empowered for handling such matters. The empowered department shall make a decision within the time limit on whether to accept or reject the complaint and tip-off and inform the informant of the decision.
The hotline center shall, in dealing with a situation where the informant considers that his legitimate rights and interests are encroached upon in administrative law enforcement by the administrative department or by the employees thereof, enter the relevant information, after it accepts the matter, into the administrative law enforcement supervisory platform.
Article 10 The hotline center shall deal with the accepted matters in accordance with the following rules:
(1) For simple inquiries or matters that are easy to answer, the hotline center staff shall make a direct reply on the spot;
(2) Matters that fall into the category that shall be dealt with by administrative organs, enterprises and public institutions and are difficult to make a reply directly shall be transferred to the related department for handling in time and set a deadline for the handling according to regulations;
(3) Where matters require the allied enterprises to provide help, the hotline center shall recommend a preferred enterprise or let the party concerned to choose an enterprise by himself; and
(4) As for the matters that fall out of the responsibility of the hotline center, the center staff shall explain with patience to the party concerned;
Article 11 The district, county people’s governments, the related departments of the Municipal People’s Government, enterprises and public institutions and the allied enterprises that offer social help shall handle in time the matters transferred to them by the hotline center in accordance with the following rules:
(1) Handling matters falling into the range of duties and responsibilities of the unit concerned before the deadline, informing the party concerned of the results of the handling, and giving a feedback to the hotline center;
(2) Explaining to the hotline center if it fails to handle before the deadline the matters that fall into the range of duties and responsibilities of the unit; and
(3) Returning to the hotline center the matters that fall out of the range of duties and responsibilities of the unit within one workday and giving an explanation; The deadline may be extended to two workdays where the matter is complicated and difficult;
Article 12 The hotline center shall keep a track of and supervise how the matters it transfers are handled and urge the unit that undertakes the matter to handle it within the time limit and report the results of the handling.
In the case of complicated matters that involve more than one department and responsibilities are not clearly clarified, the hotline center shall report the case to the Municipal examination and approval office, which shall clarify the responsibilities and appoint a unit to hold chief responsibility to handle the matter and ask it to give a feedback of the result of the handling.
Article 13 The hotline center shall set up a revisit and evaluation system. It shall ask the party concerned to make an on- the- spot evaluation on the replies to the inquiries. It shall revisit the party concerned before the deadline after a matter is transferred to a unit for handling and file the result of the revisit on the record as a basis for examination.
Article 14 The hotline center, and the undertaking unit shall set up a serve-the-people hotline record in accordance with the provisions of the archive administration and the record files shall be clear and complete.
Article 15 The hotline center, the undertaking unit and their employees shall, in the process of handling, strictly abide by the discipline concerning confidentiality, and may not divulge state secret, commercial secret, privacy and the contents that are not fit for publicity.
Chapter III Hotline Construction
Article 16 The serve-the-people hotline shall be integrated with the administrative license service system, market subject credit information public announcement system, administrative law enforcement supervisory system and other related administrative, and social service systems to ensure coordination in work, and sharing of resources.
The hotline center shall sort out on a regular basis the record of the requests it accepts asking the administrative organs to investigate illegalities and transfer it in time to the administrative law enforcement supervisory platform to ensure an interaction in the handling of the matter.
Article 17 The hotline center shall reinforce the standardization in its work to aim at the normalization in the acceptance of the requests, streamlining the handling process, and standardization in the service so as to offer efficient and convenient service to the people.
Article 18 The hotline center shall set up a system to periodically analyze people’s requests and make a statistical analysis by means of work briefs and supervisory circular, of the hot and difficult issues so as to offer references to the government in its scientific and democratic decision-making..
Article 19 The hotline center shall set up a public opinion analysis system through which to conduct a big data public opinion analysis to detect the current hot spot in society and report to the related department the dynamic information of public opinion.
Article 20 The hotline center shall set up an enterprise alliance system and a work mechanism for society to join in the hotline service through which to attract allied enterprises and all walks of life to the efforts of constructing the hotline and bettering the service.
Article 21 The hotline center shall subject itself to societal supervision, listen to the comments and suggestions by the people’s deputies, political consultative committee members, media reporters and representative of the people, and set up a supervision response system so as to improve the quality of service.
Chapter VI Examination and Supervision
Article 22 The Municipal examination and approval office shall, depending on the degree of satisfaction by the people on the service by the serve-the-people hotline, set up a performance appraisal system and evaluation methods, and conduct evaluation on the work of the undertaking unit through the serve-the-people hotline.
The degree of satisfaction by people on the service of the district and county people’s governments and the related departments of the Municipal People’s Government shall be incorporated into the achievement and efficiency examination of the unit concerned; the degree of satisfaction by people on the communal service provided by the enterprises and public institutions shall be incorporated into the achievement and efficiency examination of the trade administrative department.
The supervision over and examination of the administrative department in investigating illegalities and, of the administrative supervisory activities shall be dealt with in accordance with the provisions of relevant laws.
Article 23 Where an administrative organ and any of its employees commits falsification, inaction, illegal administration, which causes comparatively serious adverse impact, the department concerned shall hold it or him accountable or impose sanctions in accordance with relevant regulations.
Article 24 The hotline center shall set up a service quality and credit evaluation and examination system to judge and evaluate the allied enterprises for the quality of their service based on the results of revisit and evaluation, and recommend the good enterprises. The related record shall be filed into the market subject credit information publicity system. Where an allied enterprise has illegality record or infringes upon the legitimate rights and interests of consumers, the hotline center may sever the alliance relation with the said enterprise.
Chapter V A Supplementary Provision
Article 25 These Regulations shall go into effect as of July 1, 2015.
-------The English translation version of this web can only be regarded as reference.--------